Freedome Subscription Problem

VickiM
VickiM Posts: 3 New Member

Like others from this past thread: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/freedome-subscription-problem/td-p/68719, I can no longer connect to Freedome. I had to reinstall twice because of problems on my laptop (I'm just using it on the one device), and now my subscription says Expired, even though I've only used it just over 2 months of the 12 months. Can someone help? Can I get a new subscription code?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi VickiM,

Are you using the latest version of Freedome installed on your device? May I know what is the OS of your device? When did the expiry message pop up - is it during the reinstallation?

We have the license transfer functionality with Freedome and this will help to transfer the license during reinstallation.

• lhlnk
    lhlnk Posts: 3 New Member

I'm going to piggyback on this same thread: 

5-licence subscription, valid until end of June 2017. All licences in use since June 2016. Iphone updates IOS sometime in summer, Freedome defaulted into trial mode, wasn't able to re-insert code. Now trial mode ends in two days, able to insert code. Code claims maximum number of installations. 

Please help me get it working again.

Also, will I have to fear this every time IOS updates? 

Edit: apparently the Android phone also has the same issue. Update wiped the subscription, trial period, no working code....

• [Deleted User]

Hi lhlnk,

I appreciate that you have highlighted about this to us. I will forward your feedback to our product team.

For your current scenario, please try to uninstall and reinstall Freedome in your Android which will inturn initiate the license transfer on your devices. Once the license transfer is initiated in Android, you can also use the license on your iOS for valiation.

• VickiM

I believe I was using the latest version--not sure. I'm on Mavericks OS. The expiration message popped up when I tried to connect again a few nights ago. I first got the message a couple weeks or so after my first install, so I reinstalled (using a second license), and not sure when I used my third. Why does it keep failing to connect? I didn't do anything different to my computer (updates, new OS, etc.). How do I get a license transfer?

• VickiM

Ok, I reinstalled and I think it's working ok now. I expected something to popup about the liscence transfer. I guess that just happens automatically? Hopefully I won't have to keep reinstalling periodically. But, if I do, can I just keep doing the same thing with the same code and it will transfer automatically?

• [Deleted User]

Yes, @VickiM. Once you reinstall with the same code, it will automatically reinitiate the license transfer on your device. All the current devices with the code will revalidate the remaining licenses once they connect to the Freedome servers.

Good to know it is back in order now. Thanks for keeping us updated!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info