Freedome prompts uninstall, reinstall made me lose Freedome on both phones

Hellu
Hellu Posts: 2 New Member
I received an error message on a MacBook Pro prompting me for uninstallation/reinstall. After browsing the forum, it seemed the best option. I did so, transferred a licence in order to get it working again. After that, I lost my licence on my iPhone, and my fiancé his as well. This seems unfair as I encountered a problem and lost 2 licences as a result. Anything I can do rather than pay for subscriptions again?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Hellu,

Is there any other device which had/has Freedome installed apart from your iPhones? Usually, when you initiate the license transfer, all the licenses are released from your Freedome installations. Your Macbook would have used the first license. All your other devices with Freedome installed will try to connect to the Freedome servers and automatically obtain the remaining licenses. You can check this article for more information.

May I know what is the message seen in your iPhones? Is there any error seen?

• Hellu
    Hellu Posts: 2 New Member

Hi!

It basically said that my licence expired, on both phones and on the iPad as well... It only remains on both laptops. So I bought a licence for 5 devices, used it on 5 devices, got an error message, had to uninstall and reinstall, and lost all the other device licences as a result... What can I do?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Hellu,

Are the iPhones and iPad having the recent version of Freedome installed?

Usually the license transfer will validate the other devices like iPhone/iPad once it gets initiated in the PC. I would suggest you to try to uninstall and reinstall Freedome in one of your iPhone and see if the license gets validated.

If you are still having any issues with the validation, please open a support ticket with our team to investigate further.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info