Windows Defender Conflict

Options

Can you help? I am Running Windows 10, but Windows Defender keeps switching itself on and switching F-secure off!!! I have tried Switching it off but after a while it again overrides F-secure and then I have to Reinstall F-secure from scratch.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Options

If you have Win 10 Pro, have a read through this thread (even if you have the Home edition, you may find something helpful here): 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/34x6a2/howto_manually_disable_windows_defender/

That said, I have Win 10 and WD doesn't keep screwing with my F-Secure, so I wonder if something else might be going on?  Perhaps a  Support Ticket might throw some enlightment on the situation?  Don't forget to attach an FSDIAG from the Support Tool so that the guys can have a proper look at your system.

• zorro1
    zorro1 Posts: 9 New Member
    Options

Can anyone show me how to open fsdiag?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Options

Sorry, I don't understand why you would need to open it.  You just run the support tool, as linked to above, but which you can also find in the F-Secure folder in your Start menu programs list.  That will produce a zipped file on your Desktop, which you then attach to the support ticket.

• zorro1
    Options

Simon, I want to open fsdiag because it is a report so I want to read what it has to say.

• zorro1
    Options

Many Thanks Ville, Downloaded 7Zip and it opened "fsdiag" not sure I understood what it ment though.zorro1

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info