Installation problems with Battle.net products

Hello,

This week i bought the new game from Blizzard entertainement "Overwatch" on my pPC. When I started the setup for the required launcher (Battle.net) the installation did not work past the Windows authorisation pannel. I contacted Blizzard entertainement but could not solve the problem. They mentioned however, that my security software (in this case "F-Secure") could be preventing the installation even through being deactivated. If someone has the same problem and already managed to solve it, or knows a possible solution I would be grateful for his/her support.

 

Muhbautz

snorkelmonkey

Best Answer

Comments

  • Having the same issue, Battle.net installer does not work. Looking into the logs, the operation fails when it's trying to retreive data from Blizzard's servers. I tried switching F-Secure SAFE to Gaming Mode, but it didn't help. Can't think of anything else that'd interfere.

    D 2016-08-03 18:53:44.378279 [UpdateHandler] {dc4} Downloading and extracting archive. mfil=http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/[REDACTED] path=C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
    E 2016-08-03 18:55:26.859805 [UpdateHandler] {dc4} Failed to initialize streaming from manifest: http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/[REDACTED]

  • Figured a workaround for this: restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking, and use that to install the Battle.net client. You may get an error message still that the Battle.net client says it's not able to launch the client, but I was able to get the client downloaded and installed this way. After restarting in normal mode, I was able to launch the Battle.net client and download the games.

    LakshMuhbautz
  • Awesome! Happy it worked out. :) Yes, feel free to share!

  • R3ssuR3ssu Posts: 1

    I have F-Secure and safe browsing, etc...  what includes in home package. When you start battle.net  installer it tries to download a file from (In my case):

     

    http://dist.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/bna/a4791/a-4791-076A662337B7BCB0DC97470FA061E5FD.mfil

     

    This is blocked by F-Secure (i guess safe browsing?) but it happens totally silently so you don't ever get any information that this has been blocked. Battle.Net installer just fails with error code that will guide you to try to fix many things that are totally irrelevant.

     

    If you open the logfile of the installer from C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup\battle.net\Logs

    find the url it tries to load, set it to browser you get the information that F-Secure is blocking it. Then if you allow it, you can install Battle.Net.

     

    I am hoping you at F-Secure would fix this kind of issue where you block silently a connection! This is not easy to solve for normal users and even myself send already a ticket to Battle.Net support about this.

     

This discussion has been closed.