gmail and/or POP "problem"?

iBozz
iBozz Posts: 5 New Member

I've just installed Freedome onto an iMac running under the latest version of El Capitan.  I previously had Freedome  only on my iPad but have now extended the subscription.

With Mail, the iPad worked just fine, but on the iMac my gmail POP accounts keep going off-line with the message:  

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “*****” or try again.  The server returned the error: Mail was unable to connect to server “pop.gmail.com” using SSL on the default ports. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

This isn't a showstopper as they come back on-line by themselves within a few minutes or often a few seconds.  My email accounts with my ISP, which are all IMAP, do not exhibit this behaviour nor do any accounts, ISP or gmail, on the iPad.

Why is this happening?  As I said,, it is by no means a showstopper, I am merely interested!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi iBozz,

Does this error message show up only when Freedome is turned on? I was able to find a related article about Freedome and SSL here.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info