Freedome not working properly on iPad with WiFi

Leja
Leja Posts: 4 New Member

I bought Freedome for my iPad and when I open it, it tries to check that the VPN is okay it gets stuck there and one moment later it asks me to reboot the device. The same happens with other locations. With 3G it works as it should.

I don't have this same problem with my phone or my computer when using the same WiFi/router. The [VPN]-logo appears in the top, so is the problem only in the app itself?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Leja,

Please have a look at this article regarding your issue.

• Leja

Where should I enter those port details? There doesn't seem to be a place on my iPad and neither in my router's settings. My router is TP-link TL-MR6400.

I don't have the same problem when using Freedome on my computer with the same router. IPSec passtrough is enabled.

• Laksh

Hi Leja,

The settings have to be configured in the router.

• Leja

I did the configuration, but still it doesn't work. Freedome gets stuck at the "Checking..." and then suggests a reboot.

Any other tricks?

• Laksh

Hi Leja,

What is the exact error message you see in Freedome (with the reboot suggestion)? Does Freedome turn on and say connected?

• Leja

Here's what it says.

Photo 21.7.2016 18.39.20.png

"IMPORTANT

Freedome has detected several VPN-connection problems. Reboot the device, so the problem can be solved.

Note: This is a really rare problem and rebooting should solve it permanently."

This configuration didn't help and neither did this.

• Laksh

Hi Leja,

As per your last screenshot, it does not sound like an issue with the router. Please try to remove the VPN profile through the Freedome settings and see if that helps.

If that does not help, please create a support request with the logs for troubleshooting further.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info