Reached maximum number of installations with the code

klintman
klintman Posts: 3 New Member

Hello, I use VPN Freedom on my mac and PC. (So only 2 devices, i think i have a 3 devices subscription)

And i dont know why but every X days, the subscription/account/code is removed from the app...

I always have to copy paste the code again and again.

This morning I tried to activate the app again and I got a message: "Reached maximum number of installations with the code"...

Can you help me ? I bought 12month of service in January 2016, it's not even 6month.

Thank you :)

jj

Comments

• klintman

I never uninstalled or reinstalled the app.

The subscription just disapear every time by itself on the mac.

Im pretty sure i dont use the Serial on other device, so it cannot remove it for "too many devices".

By the way, my licence on PC dont disapear. Still 221day left.

The only thing is that i didnt make the update of the client since a lot of time.

Can it be related to that ?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi klintman,

I am not sure if it might be related to the update. However, it is always recommended to have the recent version of the product installed on the device.

• klintman

OK

With the latest update, i have the option to transfer the subscription. It works now.

But i guess im disconnected on my PC now. I have to wait until I go back home.

Is there a way to check the name of all device using the serial ?

• Laksh

Hi klintman,

That's great to know.

No, it is not possible to check the name of all the devices used by the license.

• Sir_WH
    Sir_WH Posts: 1 New Member

Hi, 

I've freedome installed on three devices (PC, Android tablet and Iphone) so all three licenses are reserved. My iPhone broke and I got a new one from warranty and restored the backup. Now Freedome prompts for subscription code and after entering it says no free licenses (of course) .

How can I transfer the license from old phone (that I don't have anymore) to the new one? 

Thx, 

Br, WH

• Laksh

Hi WH,

Welcome to our Community!

We have the license transfer with Freedome as mentioned in this article. In your case, you have to initiate the license transfer from your PC or Android tablet after which you can validate your subscription in your iPhone, as the license transfer functionality is not yet available for iOS. Please try to uninstall and reinstall Freedome in one of your other device and then validate the license on your iPhone as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info