Installation problems

Hi all.

As I went back from Win10 to Win8.1  on my PC my F-secure client was deleted. Now I´m trying to install it again but I get the error-messsage "important files are missing" and a pointer to this Forum.

My client is Trygg-surf.exe a Swedish version for the internet provider Com Hem, who don´t seem to have any support on F-secure clients. The client was totaly deleted and is a paid subscription with US$ 7 a month.

Thanksful for any advice

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

There have some of related topics (also based on F-Secure solutions and I think there can be same points with your provider and trygg-surf.exe):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Can-t-install-F-Secure-Safe/m-p/76994/highlight/true#M13744

And potentially helpful KB-words: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/What-do-I-do-if-my-F-Secure/ta-p/72626

Such as...  KB about upgrade to Windows 10.  I think with "from Windows 10 to previous Windows" can be same result and trouble.

Commonly... this is mean that your installation/system have "stuck" around some of files maybes. As "partly" deleted files or something around this. and F-Secure installer think that there something wrong.

Based on KB-words and my dreams.. you can to re-check next steps:

--> What if you have Windows updates under Security Center for Windows, which postponed and not installed yet.

Time to time this is can be a reason for installer (based on .msi);

--> If all Windows Updates is installed.... maybe there stuck (after restore system to previous) about some of critical files.

I have something same with my experience. And for me was helpful F-Secure Uninstall Tool.

Same step-point placed under KB-words too.

Maybe you can to try use it. Maybe this can to clean/clear your local F-Secure too.

BUT!!! F-Secure Uninstall Tool can to remove F-Secure Freedome, Key too (if you have use it).

Sorry for my reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info