FS Protection for Mac build 15830 released
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and delivery to existing installations was started yesterday afternoon.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain error conditions, the Chrome extension would spawn many child processes
- Improved localization
- Minor bug fixes
- This version can preserve web site exceptions from build 15718 and earlier. If upgrading from build 15758, web site exceptions created with earlier builds will not be preserved.
- If your Safari history contains a web site blocked by the product, navigating to web sites which starts with the same letters may be prevented
- Workaround: remove the affected web site from history, or add the web site to the Web site exceptions list
- Important: after release an issue was discovered that may cause the agent process to crash under certain circumstanses. This does not affect functionality of the anti-virus features but may impact Browsing protection. If the FS Protection icon disappears from the menu bar, restart it from the Applications folder. We will release an update fixing this bug next week.
If you experience any other issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team ☀️
This discussion has been closed.