FS Protection for Mac build 15801 released
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and will be delivered automatically to existing installations today.
- Web site exception list is now based on domains rather than URLs
- Changing any Browsing protection or Content blocker settings now requires administrator authorization
- Sample submission button in the Tools tab the main product user interface
- URL submission link on block pages
- Chrome extension upgrade is now silent
- This version can preserve web site exceptions from build 16718 and earlier. If upgrading from build 15758, web site exceptions created with earler builds will not be preserved.
- Adding a web site exception may fail silently once after intial installation. Subsequent attempts should work as expected.
- Localization is incomplete for the Web site exceptions window.
- If Content Blocker is enabled, but Browsing protection is disabled, the "Allow web site" button does not work.
- Workaround: enable Browsing protection
- If the product is upgraded before the Google Chrome extension, the "Allow web site" button does not work - Google Chrome should automatically update the extension within 24 hours
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team
This discussion has been closed.