FS Protection for Mac build 15758 released
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and will be delivered automatically to existing installations this afternoon. Note that this version drops support for OS X 10.8. If you are running OS X 10.8 you can continue using the product and it will continue receiving database updates. You will however not receive this update or other product updates in the future. Updating OS X is recommended.
- When content is blocked by parental control, the block page now shows the reason (category) for the block
- Categories for restricted content are shown in search results when clicking the rating icon.
- Refined UI for adding, editing & removing URLs to whitelist in application preferences
- Updating web sites exceptions list (e.g. allowing a web site) requires administrator authorization
- Parental control categories have descriptive icons
- This version does not preserve the list of allowed web sites
- Adding a web site exception may fail silently once after intial installation. Subsequent attempts should work as expected.
- Chrome users who have not yet upgraded to latest version of FS Protection for Mac might see the string "undefined" when clicking on search rating icons
- Localization is incomplete for the Web site exceptions window
- Addresses added to Web site exceptions are not validated to be valid URLs
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team ⛄️
This discussion has been closed.