fs protection for Mac build 15718 released
We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and will be delivered automatically to existing installations this afternoon.
This updated introduces Parental control content blocker - you can now block web sites based on their category using a new "Parental control" tab in the application Preferences pane.
- Parental control is supported in all browsers for which we support Browsing protection (Safari, Chrome and Firefox)
- The Browsing protection browser extension must be installed and enabled
- The feature is advisory in nature: the logged in user has full control over which categories are blocked and the ability to whitelist websites
Other fixes include:
- Chrome extension is now installed using Chrome Web Store
- Fixed an issue which would prevent product installation and upgrade on certain OS X 10.11 systems upgraded from an earlier OS X version
- Misc performance and stability improvements
If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url
As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com
FS Protection Mac team ⛄️ 🏂
F-Secure Consumer Security R&D, Mac Team