call blocker problems

andoid zte 6 (android 5 I think)

F secure 15.1

I installed and it had two tray icons, I removed safe browing and now it has removed that and call blocker

It is on in settings, I have turned it off then on & rebooted etc

please help

thanks

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I've read your original post, and I'm not sure that I understand it correctly.  Was Call Blocker a separate app, in which case, can you not just reinstall it, or was it part of the F-Secure product, in which case, an insight in to why you wanted to remove the safe browsing part of the app may help someone to help you. 

Sorry, but I'm not too familiar with the mobile security products, as I don't use them myself.  If you don't get any further responses here, then I suggest a Support Ticket may be the next step.

• spudorange
    spudorange Posts: 4 New Member

I just needed the call and text blocker, I like to have the choice on what I browse so I turned it off.

On install it auto put both call blocker and safe browser in system tray.

I switched off safe browser in settings and lost the call blocker and can not retrieve it.

I will remove it tomorrow and try again, otherwise it's Kaspersky as I need a call blocker.

thanks

ps

it has just done a virus check so it is still running in background, though call blocker is not.

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer

Actually, I dont Screenshot_2015-12-24-09-04-41.pngknow anything about an extra icon for the call blocker function. If you open your F-Secure security product it should like look that one (screenshot of F-Secure Safe, F-Secure Mobile Security might look a bit different -> compare to screenshots at Google Play Store):

On Android devices you should have an icon for "F-Secure" and an extra one for "Safe Browser". If you deactivate (not deinstall!) your Safe Browser function, it shouldnt affect the call blocker function.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info