FS Protection PC Release 150
The release 150 contains following applications:
- Common Component Framework 2.50 build 204
- Antivirus 14.150 build 100
- Browsing protection 2.150 build 3659
- Settings dialog stops working when using minimize button in proxy configuration dialog (CTS-96959)
- Security cloud privacy statement missing (CTS-96955)
- Check for update dialog footer color not correct (CTS-96952)
- Certificate error text truncation in Greek (CTS-96949)
- Rare hang of hoster process (CTS-96937)
- Installer loses proxy configuration if reboot is required (CTS-96935)
- Installation key visible in logs (CTS-96934)
- Uninstallation dialog still uses old style (CTS-96929)
- Rare deadlock where product upgrades can stop working (CTS-96928)
- Support tool does not collect all DeepGuard information (CTS-96915)
- Hotfix framework does not always use correct proxy (CTS-96907)
- Change shell32.dll loading mechanism (CTS-96891)
- Scheduled scan doesn´t start in XP (CTS-96864)
- No timeline event for ODS tasks where malware removal was cancelled (CTS-96909)
- OAS dialog does not close after choosing action (CTS-96898)
- Protection malfunction, reboot does not fix (CTS-96871)
- OnOff button not visible in high dpi mode (CTS-96827)
- Fshoster32.exe crashes by triggering on access prompt trough fscuif (CTS-96918)
- User hoster crashes when miniscan flyer closed (CTS-96914)
- Green status circles not similar (CTS-96896)
- Truncation in button in quarantine and application permissions in Lithuanian (CTS-96810)
- Hoster crash on hang at NID and AMEH shutdown (CTS-96967)
- Can not finish manual scan if Turned off in the middle of previous scanning (CTS-96962)
- Several small ui adjustments related to dialog styles.
And a Halloween bonus.
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products
How come it's still so long to dl and install components on a first clean install ? why don't you people use the Ultralight routines which are way faster ?
think of the standard dude: he'll think something went wrong and generate hotline messgaes !
It's a pity, because this product is imo near perfect on my W10 x64 10565 rls
> How come it's still so long to dl and install components on a first clean install ?
As long as the Aquarius scan engine (which can recognize ALL malware from antiquity until the day before yesterday) is part of the F-Secure protection suite, that module alone will have over 200MB signatures uncompressed!
It would be nice if F-Secure Corp. could replace Aquarius or at least migrate to a newer version of it, because the current situation is a big resource hog, not just during downloads but also during the daily running of computers. The other four scan engines also integrated within the F-Secure CounterSign architecture are much lighter weight.
Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.
> may I advise you to try Ultralight antivirus from F-Secure itself ?
> there's an astounding difference, even with aquarius
If I understand correctly F-Secure Ultralight means legacy-free, with only Deepguard 6 + cloud technology included.
In contrast, BD Aquarius engine implies the monolithic, off-line fingerprint database technology.
These two things are opposites of each other.
Are you sure F-Secure Ultralight includes the "Aquawin32" database, which is currently about 259MB large?
Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.
We released a minor patch to TP150. The patch is installed silently without confirmation from the user.
- Common Component Framework 2.50 build 205
- Login dialog does not work with proxy (CTS-96976)
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products
There was another patch to TP150 that was released on Friday. Sorry for the late notice. The patch is installed silently without confirmation from the user.
- Common Component Framework 2.50 build 207
- Support Tool does not work from Start Menu shortcut (CTS-97024)
F-Secure R&D, Desktop products1 1Like