Upgraded to W10, FreeDome stopped working, Code not valid anymore

Thatusername
Thatusername Posts: 5 New Member

Upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and I had already FD installed. After upgrade FD didnt work. FD Service was running and files were under program files, but .exe didnt start+no icon in taskbar+no possible to make gui visible. Then I tried to uninstall FD to reinstall it. Then the gui popped up saying that it needed to upgrade the FD. I presses the rounded upgrade button and very quickly afer that it said that upgrade failed error code 7. Then I rebooted the computer and managed to uninstall FD. Then I installed the FD again but now it says my code is not valid??? I have purchased safe for 5 devices for one year and got the offer to get free FD for one year. What to do now?

I must say that your support system do suck if this community is the only way to get support. Hope I can change my mind if I happen to get the solution from here this time.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Thatusername,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the product.  We are here to help you resolve your issue with Freedome.

May I know how did you purchase the SAFE license? Could you provide me the SAFE purchase reference by Private message?

• Thatusername

Sent: ‎09-10-2015 02:24 PM

• Laksh

Hi Thatusername,

I have sent you a private message for further discussion.

• Thatusername
    Code i received worked only on one pc. I also sent PM that my parents are having the same problem -> no answer. I'm not sure should i laugh or cry...and this is the only channel of support regarding the F-Secure Support. Smiley Tongue
  • Laksh

Hi Thatusername,

I have sent you a PM on this issue. Sorry for the delay in the reply; hope everything is sorted now!

• Thatusername

Even more confused after your reply. I just sent you a PM to clarify things...

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info