How to use DNS Crypt with Freedome ?

Sp0tted
Sp0tted Posts: 3 New Member
Hi all, I've been using DNS Crypt for a while now but it's not working when Freedom is ON. I made a dns leak test to show information. How is the DNS connection handled ? How should I proceed to make DNS crypt work with Freedome ? Thanks in advance,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Sp0tted,

Welcome to our Community! Regarding your question, let me check with our Experts and get back to you.

• fredo-1
    fredo-1 Posts: 14 Enthusiast

It sounds like you can't.

The Freedome Software uses a specific DNS (perfect to avoid dns leak ) - you can test it here

An option : Install openVpn , and don't use the software Freedome.

Don't forget that DnsCrypt isn't the saffer way to protect your privacy :you use OpenDns (USA company). So you are under the Patriot Act!

• Sp0tted

I've been using openVpn but I wanted to give a try to freedome.

Ok too bad

Well you can choose which dns server you want to use. In my case it wasn't openDNS

Well Europe is not that good in privacy either ;-)

• fredo-1
    fredo-1 Posts: 14 Enthusiast

For Europe, it depends.

Finland sounds perfect for privacy. Best to avoid UK, France and Belgium.

Don't forget that you can use OpenVpn with Freedome. Not supported officially.

Seriously, to picture it correctly, Freedome sounds to be a really good choice : DNS in Finland, no log. Dns Crypt, DNS in Usa, dns log?

• Sp0tted

Well I'm in France so I know about the whole **bleep** happening here :)

I would be interested in using openVPN. Any configuration file?

Was using DNSCrypt in Holland, says it's non-logged, free and uncensored. (https://dnscrypt.eu/) But I'll trust Freedome. It's not just about privacy also about dns restriction in some areas like my school for example

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info