Falkenstein VPN Server no longer working for torrent downloading why??

I was useing that server for torrents and now all of a sudden it no longer works for torrents.

beens not working for over a week now.

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Is-BitTorrent-allowed-with/ta-p/65934

I don't see that server added to this list.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Holden93,

I don't see that location in the list. However, there is a mention on the article that Freedome does not support BitTorrent on many of the gateway sites.

"we are not able to support BitTorrent or other peer-to-peer file sharing applications on many of our gateway sites, which either reside within the United States, or are hosted by a company based in the US."

Let me check on this to get more information.

• TruckA
    TruckA Posts: 1 New Member

I have the same problem, I kind of solved it by shortly disconnecting from the VPN and then reconnecting again. The problem with that method is, that it still has a sub-standard DL-Rate (~40kB/s) and it doesn't work all the time. One time I got it working to download in fullspeed, but I didn't do anything different than the last time I used the method. Additionally if I want to torrent over a VPN I surely don't want to send my 'identity' at all, even if it is just for a second.

Edit: I forgot to say, that I didn't use the Falkenstein Server. I used the Warsaw(Poland) Server instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info