Windows 10 problem

Loke
Loke Posts: 2 New Member

Hi, I am having problem with Freedome on my Windows 10 PC.

The installation process of Freedome seems smooth at first, but I found out later that the driver isn't installed, there is no extra driver under my "Internet Adapter" settings. Also, I am not able to start the protection (clicking the "Start Protection" button does not yield any response). It's almost as if  I only installed the UI and not the actual working software.

As far as I know, I am not the only one having this issue. Are there any solutions to this as of now ?? Thanks.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Loke,

Does the Freedome issue persists when connecting to any location? Regarding the Driver, are you able to see any FreedomeVPNconnection under Network and Internet > Network Connections in the Control Panel?

Does it show it is connecting or does the turn on option not do anything at all?

May I know if you installed a trial version or Freedome using a code?

• Loke
    Loke Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, thanks for replying and sorry for the late reply.

No. there is no such driver.
    The turn on option does not do anything.
    Ya, I think what I downloaded was the trial version, as I saw it saying I have 14 weeks of days left. But I do have a code. But I am unable to use it as any attempt of connecting/using Freedome, I will get the "Sorry something went wrong" message.
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Loke,

We have inspected several cases where Freedome has been unable to make VPN connections after Windows 10 upgrades. The symptom has been an error message saying only "Something went wrong. We're sorry." when Freedome has tried to make a new VPN connection. The problem has appeared right after the operating system has been upgraded to Windows 10. We are aware of at least one case where the problem was fixed after Windows 10 was reinstalled on the computer.

Based on our inspections it seems that the operating system has been in a similarly problematic state in each of these cases. While we haven't been able to reproduce this situation in our test environment, our best estimate is that something has gone wrong in the Windows 10 upgrade and has caused these problems.

From the error messages in the Windows log files it is apparent that also other applications have various technical problems on these affected computers. These error messages can be seen using Windows Event Viewer. You can open Windows Event Viewer by clicking the search icon on Windows 10 Task Bar and typing "Event Viewer" there. The logs reside under the "Windows Logs" entry.

We currently recommend to reinstall Windows 10 on the affected computer. However, we are still inspecting if there would be any alternative ways to get Freedome to work in this kind of situations.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info