IS THIS A VIRUS PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT

HI THERE

IM USING F-SECURE INTERNET SECURITY AND HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHEN I RESET. I USE ACDSEE AS A PICTURE VIEWER TO SAVE WALLPAPERS AND RESIZE THEM WELL WHEN I RESET IM GETTING THIS!!!!!!!    ITS A BLACK SCREEN WITH A PAIR OF CATS EYES. AND SAYS   YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED BY A VIRUS ENCODER YOUR FILES ARE ENRYPTED BY A CRYPTOGRAPHICALLY STRONG ALGORITHM PLUS LOADS MORE TEXT THEN THEY WANT  MONEY FROM ME TO SORT IT OUT THESE ARE THE 2 ADDRESSES  1.FILEHELP@LYCOS.COM     2.HELP2015@INBOXIV    IM JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS COME ACROSS THIS SAME PROBLEM ITS DAMM STUPID   THE IMAGE IS BELOW THIS TEXT OK THANKS FOR READING I WOULD BE GRATEFULL IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THIS PLEASE THANKS       PETERTHIS IS THE SCREEN

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I'm not sure what help I can be, but until someone more technical comes along, have you checked to see if your files have actually been encrypted? If so, things may be difficult to rectify, but you could try running www.malwarebytes.org which may get rid of the malware itself, but it probably won't be able to release your files.

Do you have backups on a separate hard drive? If so, that may help but DO NOT connect the backup drive until you are certain that the malware has been taken care of.
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I've found this which may be of some help. It's not the same email address as yours is showing but the message seems to be the same:

http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/decodeindiacom-attention-your-computer.html?m=1

I'd advise not to click any links in that article, but go to the anti-malware websites yourself to download the tools.
  • Thanks for the info check it now

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info