f secure safe

Hi, since installing f secure safe on my daughters laptop, it has started to run very slowly and warning messages, with an american accent keep popping up! 

Can anyone help with this?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    We might be able to with some more information. Can you give some details of the warning messages, ie, what they are warning of, and whether they are actually from F-Secure? A screenshot would be even better.
  • BexyBoo
    BexyBoo Posts: 2

Hi,the american voice is warning of a threat and to call a number immediatly! You have to click it loads of times to get rid of it . But also, the laptop is running very slowly, since f secure safe was installed! 

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I don't think the warning is from F-Secure. It sounds like you have some sort of adware on the machine, but I'm also wondering if the slowness may be being caused by a software conflict. Do you have, or did you have any other anti virus products on the machine before installing F-Secure? That might be the first issue to try to solve, then I would suggest running a scan with www.malwarebytes.org which may remove the popup.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info