NEED ANSWERS QUICKLY PLEASE

Hi

Can you please answer the following questions about F-Secure Freedome on Windows.

1. Why is there no Killswitch? This is a very important feature which most of your main competitors have, so can you tell me why you don't have it?

And if possible, can you please create one ASAP, and let me know when will you introduce it into your Windows program.

2. Can you apply more than one product key to your account, so you get longer than a one year subscription? i.e. can you stack codes?

3. Originally you only had Freedome available for smartphones and tablets, but now they are also available for Windows etc, so can you use the mobile/tablet licence codes (from retail boxed versions) on desktops now?

4. Are Freedome product keys region-restricted? I want to use a product key from your German boxed retail version in the UK, is this possible? Because in the UK you cannot buy Freedome in a retail boxed version, so I have no other choice. Smiley Sad

Thank you

Comments

• JB1984
    JB1984 Posts: 4

Can I get answers to my questions please?

It's been four days and I'm getting very annoyed now. Other members who have posted questions after me have got answers already.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello JB1984,

1. Could you confirm what do you mean by killswitch? We should not have such features in our product.

2. You can stack codes on one machine. However note that it is not advised as currently you cannot reset subscription and every installation counts against your subscription devices. In case of reinstallation that could create a problem.

3.Mutli-platforms keys can be used on any platforms. Keys purchased from App-store can be used only on the related platform.

4. There should not be currently regional restriction on using key codes. Note however that Freedome might not be available in some countries.

• JB1984

Hi Ben

1. A killswitch is a feature which cuts the internet connection instantly, if the VPN stops working for any reason, many of your competitors have it built into their desktop application, so F-Secure Freedome should have one too. This website explains what it does in more detail, so please read it.

Click this - article from BestVPN

2. That is a huge problem, is F-Secure going to fix the issue, and if they are, will they do it by the end of the year?

3. I mean the retail boxes you can buy (see picture below), do these keys work with Windows now?

Click this - picture from Imgur

4. Ok good.

• [Deleted User]

Hello JB1984,

1) We don’t have a killswitch as you described at the moment. The idea has been forwarded internally so that it can be considered. 

2) Our team is working towards a better solution. Unfortunately there is no ETA information available on that .

3) It should work, but as this an old box picture I'll try to confirm that with our team. 

• JB1984

I think it will work too, but please confirm ASAP for question number 3. Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hello JB1984,

I've got confirmation that retail boxes code even older ones should be working fine on desktop.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info