Windows 7 Registry Problems
I am a very satisfied F-Secure Internet Security customer. Since I liked the product so much I decided to try the Booster program. The Booster program has caused my nothing but problems since I installed it!!
My Dell i7 pc developed the following issues since I installed and used Booster:
Booster Version-184.108.40.2067, Windows 7-64 bit service Pack 1,
- My Microsoft Office programs would not open. Word and Excel are asking for the product key but when I enter it will not accept, MS message says it’s a good key. (I went to Microsoft web site and found a repair utility. After running the utility I was able to get MS Office to accept my product key. Office is up and running.)
- Every time I reboot a screen asks me to install HP Product Essential MSI and HP Photo Essential.MSI., I have not used this program in 2 years and it is no longer installed on my PC. The error message is "the feature is on a network resource that is unavailable".
- The Quicken by Intuit program had the following error message when I tried to open, program files are damaged, reinstall the software. (I reinstalled the Quicken software and the program is up and running.)
- F-Secure Internet Security program was damaged! Upon PC boot up I received a message asking for my subscription key. I tried to reinstall the software but the install kept failing, no reason was given. (I called F-Secure support and technician explained what had to be done to reinstall. My F-Secure Internet Security is up and working.)
- The password protection program I have installed also lost its subscription key. Fortunately that was up and running once I entered the key.
- My issue for today!! When I go to Control Panel and click “View Devices and Printers” the window does not open. (I went to the Microsoft web site and found several fixes, neither worked. They suggested using: ”Fix It” and going to “services” to start Bluetooth. I did both and I still cannot access Devices and Printers).
- The Booster program is missing from my PC. I did not uninstall the program. I do have a valid subscription key for 3 PC’s.
- All my saved user names for Google, banking sites, credit card sites are gone! I never save passwords, I only save user names. Why would your program delete user names?
- The wallpaper on my desktop was gone, I tried to reinstall it but it would not take? After my third reboot the original wallpaper was back?
When I installed Booster I used the following features on day 1:
- Delete unnecessary files
- Save Power
- Clean registry
- Speed up registry
- Boost start up
- Increase Internet speed
- Improve drive speed
I did not experience any of the above problems after I completed the above actions. But I did not reboot until the following day.
On the 2 day of using Booster I used the following features:
- Clear browsing history
- Update applications – I updated the following
- Broadcom Net Xtreme
- Realtek High Definition Audio
- Remove Applications – I removed
- Search Tool Bar
- Ask Tool Bar
After a cold boot all of the above started to happen.
I thought this was supposed to be an easy product to use? What would happen to a novice PC user who installed and used this program? It appears that mu Windows Registry has been upset.
I purchased a 3 key licenses from Booster. I installed Booster on my wife’s Sony Windows 7 laptop. She ran the clean and speed up programs from Booster on her PC. She is experiencing many of the same issues.
- Booster is still on the PC but F-Secure Internet Security is missing.
- View Devices and Printers will not open.
- The Intel 5 processor now takes 5+ minutes to boot up.
- MS Office is missing from programs.
- When booted Windows gives a message that it can’t log in her user. It defaults to a guest user.
How do I get up and running again? How do I get my money back? Please do not tell me to call Microsoft and HP to get my problems resolved. Booster caused the problems and I expect you to supply answers.