Killed my PC

I'm not that much of a techie so forgive the lack of detail.

I switched to Virgin Media, it came with a trial version of f-Secure so i followed the instructions and installed the program as directed.

First reboot, (Windows 07  Pro 64bit) The Windows splash screen shows for a few seconds - thats the black one with the glowing logo, then a blue screen with an error flashes for about a nano second before it reboots and cycles over again.

I can get it into a repair mode with a command prompt and I ran the auotmatic repairs and even SFC - but thats about the limit of my knowledge.

To say I'm annoyed would be an understatement as i now have a whole heap of pain to get through before i can use my PC again.

How do I get F-Secure uninstalled from a command prompt?  

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I've only got time for a quick response at the moment, but can you get into Safe Mode with Networking (tap F8 repeatedly as soon as the first boot screen appears)?

If so, then download and run:

F-Secure Uninstallation Tool

Virgin Media Removal Tool

Then reboot and hopefully you'll be able to get back into Windows to start again.

• bcooper
    bcooper Posts: 3 Observer

Hi,

No sorry, it won't start in any mode at all, at best all I can get is a command window.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my questions...

-> But do you able to get BSOD now?! Such as trying to launch system goes to be with Blue Screen or here simply not able to launch system.

-> If here able to get BSOD prompt... do you able to get "information/reason" (such as code-number) about this. Potentially you able to re-check system BIOS (?! settings) during launch under hotkeys (where able to uncheck settings about "restart" during BSOD).

-> Maybe you also able to try something about LiveCD (such as LiveCD, where you able to launch system under Linux and with access to Windows file system). And get dump-files about BSOD.

With current information/files maybe you able to create ticket for F-Secure Support. And they can to help and understand.. if there anything related with F-Secure (because maybe here another reason for troubles) and also maybe they can to explain about additional steps about removing F-Secure under command prompt (repair mode?). It's can be... that just removing by that steps....... not really helpful. Here can be helpful back to restore point (maybe current articles.. related with steps about it -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-system-restore-command-prompt#1TC=windows-7) -> just because it's can be helpful... if installation of F-Secure was a reason. But I can to recommend create anything.. just if you are sure.. that your files with "backup"-status and you certainly sure.. that all goes as required.

Sorry for my reply.

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/272460-programs-uninstall-using-command-prompt-windows.html

FYI, booting to Safe Mode skips the Run and RunOnce registry keys. When booting to Safe Mode with Command Prompt it also skips the Winlogon Shell. Might explain why only command prompt works.

Hi @bcooper 

Our uninstallation works in Safe Mode, so if you get GUI, I recommend going to Programs and Features and removing from there.

If you only have command prompt, try this:

c:\program files (x86)\f-secure\fsuninstall.exe --familyID 200,600

Please note that the parameters are case sensitive, so type them exactly as above.

There is no feedback about the uninstallation started this way at all (the executable detaches from console). I recommend you wait for 5 minutes and see if it was removed.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info