Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.3 released
2.0.3 (Oct 13, 2014)
- Scans may now be set to run as lower priority processes to improve multi-tasking under Advanced Settings
- Added support for keyboard navigation of user interface
- Added support for JAWS and Windows Narrator screenreaders
- Malwarebytes Chameleon enhanced to be more effective against active malware infections in getting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running
- Notification for outdated databases now configured to 7 days by default rather than 1 per user feedback
- All scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now create an entry in protection logs
- Failed update checks are now logged in protection logs
- Updating Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should now function even when the Scan tab is awaiting action from the user
- Support for scanning encrypted drives improved when rootkit scanning is enabled
- Google Chrome users should no longer experience Malwarebytes Anti-Malware getting stuck or hanging during heuristics scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Scans should no longer hang during filesystem objects scan on some systems
- Several crashes in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed
- Runtime errors during installation or upgrade of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer occur
- Rootkit scanning should no longer flag sectors on non-system volumes as forged when those volumes are encrypted
- Rootkit scanning should now work properly on Bitlocker encrypted drives
- Scanning TruCrypt encrypted system volumes with rootkit scanning disabled no longer results in the filesystem not being scanned
- Issue with repairing rootkit infected drivers on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 fixed
- BSOD when using Driver Verifier software on a system running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed
- BSOD when using Boxcryptor software fixed
- BSOD when using Malwarebytes Chameleon or self-protection in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware under certain conditions fixed
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer crash when using the "Copy to Clipboard" function under certain circumstances
- Dashboard banner text should now reflect language changes in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware instantly
- Several issues with tray notifications fixed
- Display problems with some languages fixed
- Malware Exclusions and Web Exclusions should no longer display duplicate entries following database updates
- Occasional crash of MBAMService when upgrading from version 1.75 of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should no longer occur
- Several issues with the right-click "Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" function fixed
- Several problems with access policies fixed
- Several UI performance issues fixed
- Several UI and user experience enhancements implemented
- More than one Malwarebytes Anti-Malware tray icon should no longer be displayed on system start under some circumstances
- Issue with Malicious Website Protection not enabling after install under some circumstances on Windows Vista fixed
- Minor display issues with tables within the UI fixed
My malwarebytes version 2.0.2 did not do any autoupdates to a newer version.
I run into problems, it did not enable the malicious website protection.
When I do a check, I discovered that Malwarebytes release a newer version 2.0.3.
So I decided to download it and uninstall the old version and install the newer version.
Now everything back to normal.
When I am on Facebook I get these messages said google wants me to run the scan because I have problems with my computer, and it slow my facebook page down, also I get a message from so guy saids he is on Facebook all the time fixing things and ask for money don't remember his name sorry.
Welcome to the world of malware and scams. I suggest that you scan your machine with some TRUSTED tools, such as F-Secure and Malwarebytes, which will hopefully remove any infections. Never, EVER, pay money for support which is unsolicited, unverified, and probably very untrustworthy, and never click on ads which claim to 'fix' your machine, as most of them will install unwanted software which screws up your computer, then they will ask you for money to 'repair' it.
This discussion has been closed.