virus that deletes all files including f-secure

Hi

I have a Windows tablet on which I seem to have picked up a virus that deletes all my files.  I have reformatted  the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 8.1 and F-Secure.  I can with F-Secure and no viruses are found.  An application pops up in my task manager called WCTSYS which moves the files to another directory and then deletes them. The first thing it does this with is F-Secure.   Can anyone help please?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello PAS,

Could you submit a sample to our lab? That would allow them to assess what you are facing?

• PAS
    PAS Posts: 3

Hi Ben

I submitted a  sample of the virus to the lab, a month or so ago, but have not heard anything back.

Help, please?

Regards

Paul

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello PAS,

Are you still having the deletion issue? Did you fill in the message field, requesting feedback?

Also are you using Windows RT? This Operating system isn't supported by our products.

• PAS
    PAS Posts: 3

Hi Ben

I am still having problems as this destroys the complete operating system and I cannot use the tablet at all.   The operating system is Windows 8.1 products, full version not RT.

I submitted the file via the link that provided, I can't remember if I filled the message box in or not. 

Regards 

Paul 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info