I am Japanese but using English OS

I'm planing to purchase F-Secure Internet Security, but wondering if I'd better to purchase Japanese Edition of that.
I'm from Japan and, so it's easier to use Japanese edition of F-Secure because it's in Japanese and easy to purchase. But I'm using Windows 8.1 English OS. Is it supported to use Japanese F-Secure in English OS? Is there something special in Japanese one than in English one?

Comments

• Kei
    Kei Posts: 4
    I'm sorry about my bad English.
  • Kei

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your help.

So you mean that F-Secure doesn't have country specific products but one product in which I can choose any language avilable?

Hello Kei,

Internet Security restricts the selectable languages based on the OS language. If you have English as Windows language, then you can not select Japanese for F-Secure installation. This is due to limitations of displaying Japanese characters in non-unicode applications (which we still unfortunately have a few in the product).

You need to have Japanese as Windows language to be able to select Japanese for F-Secure installation. It does not matter where the product is purchased from.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Kei
    Hello Ville,

I already installed F-Secure and there was no problem selecting Japanese language.
    I have both English and Japanese as Windows language and I am using some application using Japanese unicode character.

But thank you for your advice!

Kei
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info