Gorillaprice

Anybody know how to remove this piece of malware F-secure does not appear to be able to detect it

Answers

• BenBen Posts: 2,640

Hello Noamber,

Gorillaprice seems to be an adware.

Please refer to this article and submit a sample to our lab, so that we can help you with this matter.

Thank you.

• I followed the advice given earlier although it has left my PC with some issues

• NikKNikK Posts: 931

Gorillaprice issues or issues due to the removal process or different/new issues? Anything we can try helping you with?

• The issues are I think due to the removal process, when other users log on they just have a blank screen
    I`m going to wipe my hard drive and start again it`s a job I`ve been putting off for a long time. So now seems like a good idea.
    Thanks for the offer to help
  • NikKNikK Posts: 931

Ok, that sounds like a good idea!

Some useful information after a fresh install:

I know how difficult it can be to get clean from a really nasty infection, so I've set up my computer with several layers of protection.

Adware, scareware etc are not usually considered "viruses" and not always detected by anti-virus products. You basically need a different kind of product to be protected against those. Advice on such a product and other great kinds of protection that complement F-Secure's(and other AV's too) you can read about here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Security-products-that/m-p/36397

This discussion has been closed.