Can't Update F-Secure Internet Security 2011!

F-Secure can't update itself. I tried removing/re-installing and other basic things. Used fsaua-reset.exe, doesn't work.
Ran fsdbupdate.exe and fsdbupdate9.exe, it seems it did some updates. But it's really annoying that I should update the product manually. It also timeouts product key checks. I can't activate the product and 9 days left before trial ends up. I can easily access http://retail.sp.f-secure.com/, which says "F-Secure Automatic Update Server. Unauthorized access is monitored and strictly forbidden."

I don't use any DNS, VPN or Proxy. Also, F-Secure's tray icon was flashing warning icon, now it changed to error icon.

Used Support Tool, here's generated logs:

<removed>

fsaua.log: 

<removed>

Comments

• Jouni
    Jouni Posts: 105 F-Secure Product Expert

Hi PythEch,

First of all I would suggest not to post full diagnostic file publicly available.

What comes to that problem itself, as briefly checked the logs, there seemed to be Comodo Internet Security installed at some point and it most likely is conflicting with F-Secure Internet Security. However it was uninstalled at some point when F-Secure was already up and running. Did you already try uninstalling and reinstalling F-Secure after uninstalling Comodo? If not, please try that and F-Secure should start working.

• Stephan
    Stephan Posts: 340 Influencer

Hi PythEch,

I took the liberty to edit your post and remove the links to the FSDIAG and fsaua.log.

The reason is simple: The logfiles contain a lot of information about your computer as well as your subscription key and other sensitive information.

Best regards,

Stephan

• I already removed Comodo and F-Secure and then re-installed F-Secure after I post this message. Still doesn't work, even after I used unofficial Comodo removal tool (official one does not exist).

I understand removing FSDIAG but really, really can't understand why you removed fsaua.log.
    In your old forum, I saw a lot of people sending fsaua.log, also inserting to their post. I couldn't do that because of character limitations. So if this will make my informations unsecure, I'll do it by my hands Man Mad

[ 1320]Wed Sep 14 12:12:22 2011(3):  F-Secure Automatic Update Agent for WIN32 8.25.4095: Agent started

[ 1320]Wed Sep 14 12:12:27 2011(2):  Connecting to retail.sp.f-secure.com (no BW proxy, no HTTP proxy)...

[ 1320]Wed Sep 14 12:12:27 2011(3):  Update check failed. There was an error connecting retail.sp.f-secure.com (Connection failed)

[ 1320]Wed Sep 14 12:12:45 2011(2):  Connecting to retail.sp.f-secure.com (no BW proxy, no HTTP proxy)...

[ 1320]Wed Sep 14 12:12:45 2011(3):  Update check failed. There was an error connecting retail.sp.f-secure.com (Connection failed)

And somebody can easily see the links via clicking "View Edit History". This is nonsense!!

Also, the site has problems with Opera browser and, if F-Secure conflicts with Comodo, why don't you check if Comodo installed to the computer and ask to the user about removing like so many other antivirus products do? If you don't know how to do that, I can write codes for the Registry processes in C#...

• Jouni
    Jouni Posts: 105 F-Secure Product Expert

Hi PythEch,

Actually we do have a sidegrade tool, which will at least try to uninstall all well known conflicting softwares during the installation. In some cases it could be that the version of the product was not detected for some reason, hence the product wasn't uninstalled.

Regarding this update issue, please open a support ticket at:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

• Stephan
    Stephan Posts: 340 Influencer

Hi PythEch,

Thanks for your post.

We're addressing the issue of the Edit History.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Best regards,

Stephan

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info