Welcome to Our New Community Homepages

Firmy
Firmy Posts: 1,852 Community Manager

We're thrilled to introduce the new and improved homepages for our Community, English forum, and Finnish forum πŸŽ‰

Why the Change?

We wanted to enhance your experience by making it smoother, faster, and more user-friendly. With easier navigation and quicker access to important resources, you'll find answers and engage with others more efficiently.

Where Can You Find It?

The new designs are live on:

What’s New?

You’ll notice several exciting features:

• Search Box: Easily find your topics using the search functionality, ensuring you get to relevant content quickly.
  • Announcement Area: Stay updated with the latest announcements relevant to our community.
  • Self-Help: Access our library of self-help resources for quick solutions.
  • Trending Knowledge Base FAQs: Discover the most popular KB frequently asked questions that users are currently engaging with.
  • Categorized Discussions: Explore announcement and discussion-based features, making it easier to find relevant information.
  • Interactive Tabs: Navigate through answered/recent topics and the latest questions seamlessly.

When is This Happening?

The new homepages are live now! You can start exploring the improved layouts and features today.

How Does it Benefit You?

With a cleaner layout, finding solutions, asking questions, and connecting with experts is easier. No more endless scrollingβ€”everything is just a click away!

Head over and explore the new homepages now. We’d love to hear your feedback 😊

Firmy
Community Manager | F-Secure Community
πŸ” Strengthening digital security through knowledge and collaboration
🌐 Explore our User Guides | Knowledge Base for self-help resources
πŸ’» Empower yourself with Cybersecurity Insights and protect what matters

Comments

• TVC15
    TVC15 Posts: 50 Active Engager

What a nice, and wonderful surprise as I checked into the forum this morning :)

The old forum did need some help, and this looks to be well thought out and designed. Good job, F-Secure :)

F-Secure Total v19.6 on 4 Windows PC's and Android. Also, using the free version of Glasswire, just to monitor any apps. 1st outbound connection.

• Firmy

Hello @TVC15

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback 😊 We’re thrilled to hear that you like the new design of our community page. It’s great to know that the update has made a good impression, and we truly appreciate your support.

We’re always working to improve the experience for our community members, so if you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to share them with us.

Thanks again for being part of the F-Secure community.

Firmy

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,671 Superuser

Hello,

Overall, everything seems quite pleasant and interesting. Easier navigation and quicker access indeed. More visibility for support-related things…

.. but the screenshots shown - does this apply to mobile devices? Since I did not find some changes on my laptop (in particular, "Interactive Tabs" feature/change). And again, in general, looking at and choosing categories has most likely become more convenient and nice, but for me (for example) it has become very unclear if there are new messages or answers. So to speak, now I need to go into each category to see if there were any recent topics; which ones specifically (how long ago); and so on. Since just looking at the "category" I have no idea if there was activity there (or I couldn't figure out what the "difference" between them is). Not a huge thing, though.

Just feedback.

Thanks!

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 635 Forum Champion

What happened to the old community user and moderator leaderboards, have they been completely removed from view?

• Firmy

Hello @Ukko

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate your insights on enhancing the community's user interface, as it helps us better assist users and foster more meaningful engagement among our community members.

Regarding the interactive tabs, you can find them towards the bottom of the homepage. If you scroll down, they will appear as shown in the screenshot below:

but for me (for example) it has become very unclear if there are new messages or answers. So to speak, now I need to go into each category to see if there were any recent topics; which ones specifically (how long ago); and so on.

To quickly access answered questions, recent posts, or trending topics, simply navigate through the tabs in the screenshot above. If you're looking for all "Latest questions," you can also use the "Quick Access" menu on the sidebar and click on "Unanswered."

Alternatively, you can follow specific categories by clicking the bell icon (as shown in the screenshot). This way, you'll receive notifications when new posts or discussions are added to the categories you're interested in.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. Our goal is to make this forum a space where everyone can engage, not only around F-Secure products but also in the collective effort to tackle cybersecurity challenges.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Firmy

• Firmy

Hello @JOnes

Thank you for your comment!

The leaderboard is still available, but we’ve updated the metrics to feature our most active users and moderators for each month. The πŸ† Leaderboard highlights our active users, while the ⭐ F-Secure All Star section recognizes our staff members.

The reason for moving to a monthly leaderboard is to promote continuous and fresh engagement. This approach motivates both new and long-standing members to stay active, ensuring the community remains vibrant and up-to-date with valuable contributions.

Please find the screenshots of the new leaderboards below:

We would love to hear any suggestions you might have for further improvements. We're here to help and make this space even better for everyone.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Firmy

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,671 Superuser
    edited October 8

Hello,

Thanks for your response and attention!

Yes, right! I thought the interactive tabs were "within a category". Now I see how this is implemented. Well, all your information was very helpful. This might actually be a workaround for me.

I just prefer this kind of free, unpretentious, plain way of browsing the community. Like walking around and checking / seeing where activities were based on the overall picture.

the interactive tabs will show you only 'latest/chosen' five ones. "Unanswered" is fine too, but not about entire community state of 'current day'. And I am not currently fan of subscribing to notifications. So, anyway will end up using the routine mentioned in the previous comment (just to correspond to my usual way of using/browsing community/forum).

But, again, as a workaround or as a proper way to use Community - those things are pretty great indeed.

Thanks!