After version upgrade registry subkey pointing onto a not existing folder

langerOMei
langerOMei Posts: 2 Observer

Hi together,

System is working under W10 Home 22H2. After automatic upgrading Internet Security to version 19.6 my registry cleaning software informs: "F-Secure is pointing onto not existing folder". The path is "C:\ProgramData\F-Secure\NS\default\GUTS2\oneclient-safe-win64\1725521798\data\". - Now the existing path after upgrading exists up til "GUTS2\", the rest does exist no more.

My question is: may I simply delete the wrong path in the registry without any consequencies?

Would be fine if someone has an idea - for this many thanks yet.

I apologize myself for bad english because in reality I am german.

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @langerOMei

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

In general, we do not recommend interfering with the registry. Depending on the type of registry key that points to this path, deleting it could lead to disruption of future program updates, for example.

We hope it will be helpfu.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• langerOMei
    langerOMei Posts: 2 Observer
    edited October 1

Hi Pawel,

many Thanks to you!

The mentioned path has disappeared without my intervention. This could have happened after the last F-Secure update or the last monthly Windows quality update.

I will manually re-enter the folder in the directory tree in question in the correct place if this is possible. That certainly can't be a disadvantage.

You're right about the registry, but I have a lot of experience with it and know the dangers. In this case, however, the software searches for this now non-existent path in vain.

Greetings from langerOMei

Pricing & Product Info