Selective Ad Blocker

I have an interesting and annoying problem.
Just ONE site I often use (AllMusic.com) keeps blocking me and says 'turn off ad blocker'.
Currently there is no way to allow an exception to the ad blocker. Perhaps this could be added to the suggestions 'box'.
Kind regards
Martin

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,655 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am also only an F-Secure user, but my experience is based on beta solution.

I want to say some things about mentioned situation:

• if we talk about F-Secure Ad blocker feature, then it is possible to disable it for a certain website with beta build (I am not sure if this option is available with stable build or ever released). Steps to do so: open website, click F-Secure Browsing Protection addon/extension logo, switch toggle for this website near Ad blocker option in opened BP addon menu.
    • however, I tried to use AllMusic and website allowed me without any action. And my installation shows no blocked Ads by F-Secure there. As such, I do use browser's built-in ad blocking functionality (Microsoft Edge). Maybe this is a reason.

Could you verify that AllMusic telling you 'turn off ad blocker' because of F-Secure solution?

Thanks!