Additional Features to Installation program

JOnes
JOnes Posts: 611 Forum Champion

Additional features to the F-Secure installation program include the detection, guidance and possible removal of conflicting programs.

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,655 Superuser

Hello,

I think the existing detection of conflicting programs during installation is still in use (and theoretically has an option to bypass it if someone needs it). To the point where it even causes some problems for WithSecure users (who were trying to update their F-Secure ID protection) or other related scenarios.

Previously (perhaps, still) - whenever possible - it will automatically remove conflicting software (after asking your permission to do so). Sometimes and more often - manual uninstalling is requested.

Or do you mean something specific or for a specific solution (as I saw your comments regarding VPN things)?

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 611 Forum Champion

Yes, at the moment the F-Secure installer (Total) doesn't even point out if F-Secure Freedome is installed on the device, not to mention other VPN solutions that might cause incompatibility in use. A similar situation might also cause conflicts with many other suspected malware. I don't know exactly how they are reviewed during installation, e.g. using DeepGuard.Advanced malware and possible conflicting program detection during installation could be usefull.