Connect device greyed out

System
System Posts: 143 Enthusiast
This discussion was created from comments split from: Connect devices greyed out in ID PROTECTION.

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @chrave

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

Actually, for the device sync feature to work you need to be logged into the same My F-Secure account with a purchased license.

If you have purchased a license and you get a message that you have no licenses available, it could mean that you already have the maximum number of devices associated with your My F-Secure account and therefore you cannot connect another device. In such a situation, by logging into your account in My F-Secure you can release the license for the device you no longer use and connect another device to your account.

It could also be that you have registered more than one account in My F-Secure and are connecting to the wrong account where you purchased a license.

We would be happy to help you check this. We will need some information for this, which I will ask in a private message on our forum. You will receive a private message from me in a while.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• chrave
    chrave Posts: 1 New Member

Hi,

I am also in similiar situation. I have downloaded the new F-Secure app and purchased a new license for ID protection. However, I am not able to sync devices, as Connect devices is greyed out in old ID Protection app. Tried to login in under subscription in ID Protection app, hoping this would enable Connect devices (as I have the license purchased), but then I received an message I dont have any license available. What should I do?

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @chrave

Thank you for your cooperation in private correspondence. As a result, we were able to determine the cause of the problem and find a solution.

If you have similar challenges, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone