ID Protection on my PC doesn't generate a a code for connecting a new device

heewit
heewit Posts: 5 Explorer

Hi.

As the title said. I'm trying to connect my phone to the password vault, but for some reason I'm getting en error message on my PC the the "sync code download failed. Try again later".

Is this some server issue and will be resolved shortly or I need to do something in else in order to use my vault on my mobile device?

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @heewit

Thank you for sending us this additional information. The screenshots were also helpful, and the Polish language was no obstacle for us to understand the message that is displayed on your device (Zrozumieliśmy wszystko dokładnie).

For this type of problem, when there was a previous change of the Master Password, we recommend the following solution to the problem:

1. Proceed to export passwords from your Windows PASSWORD VAULT to a plain text file (Settings Export passwords). Note: Do not lose this file
    2. Uninstall the app from the Android phone
    3. Uninstall the app from the Windows computer
    4. Use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool in the Windows computer to remove the local data file. It is located in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\F-Secure\NS\idp\IDP\storage.json. Alternatively, you can remove it manually by deleting the file. Make sure that the file is removed.
    5. Install F-Secure to Windows computer. It should go through the onboarding flow, e.g. create a new Master Password.
    6. Import the passwords from the plain text file created in step 1. (Settings Import passwords > Choose password manager This product). You should now have all your passwords back in the Windows IDP.
    7. Install Android F-Secure app. After installation, do not create a Master Password there, but instead, use the "Connect Devices" function. Create a sync code in Windows app and enter it to Android Password Vault. Now the devices should be synced, and Android F-Secure app should contain the same passwords.
    8. If the issue is resolved, you can delete the plain text file created in step 1.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Have a good one.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @heewit

Thank you for your post.

You wrote in the title that you are not able to generate the code for synchronization in ID Protection on PC.

I would like to make sure if you are still using the standalone version of ID Protection, or if you meant the Password Vault in the new version of F-Secure. This information will be important in providing further assistance.

If you already have the new version of the program installed, please provide its number. Also attach a screenshot of the message that appears when you want to generate the code.

It will also be important whether you have recently changed the master password in the program on your PC.

Please provide these details. This will help us look for a solution to the problem.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• heewit

Hello,

I'm using F-secure software where all the features are available. Version of the software is: 19.5

Here you can see the message I'm getting (I'm sorry it's not in english but the software doesn't let me change language):

Hope this provides all the sufficient information.

Best regards

• heewit

PS. I've also updated my master password

• heewit

I have fixed the problem by deleting the vault and creating a new one. I had to export the passwords before I deleted the exisiting vault.

Pricing & Product Info