Seriously in need of help

Angel42day
Angel42day Posts: 1 New Member

I found out a little to late that my phone has been cloned unfortunately he was in my phone awhile before I found out and once I found out and started taking steps to stop him he got vengeful. He took over my cashapp and stole my entire SSDI check I'm disabled with cancer. He's taken complete control of my phone and destroying my life. I called police and was waiting for them to call back he put my phone on do not disturb. My caregiver picked up my pain meds put in door of car he erased the message telling me they were there and came and stole them so he's been to my home. Ge turns on camera and microphone and spies on me all the time. I replaced modem 3 times roju devices 3 times I've bought a new phone new Sim and changed my number I went to library and changed all passwords but he's taken my pictures and made a face login for all accounts. I own a nonprofit and a lot of these accounts are needed for that so I can't cancel them. How do I stop him I'm scared all the time. Cashapp flat out refuses to refund me stating due to past transaction history wtf does that have to do with phone being cloned. I sent police report they tried to remove him from account and couldn't but still denied the claim he stole 1569 using cashapp he's taken multiple loans out in my name. I've reported to police I can't find any free security to protect my new phone and since he's using my face to sign into accounts I don't know what to do

Comments

• OllyBe
    OllyBe Posts: 2 Observer

I found out a little to late that my phone has been cloned unfortunately he was in my phone awhile before I found out and once I found out and started taking steps to stop him he got vengeful. He took over my cashapp and stole my entire SSDI check I'm disabled with cancer. He's taken complete control of my phone and destroying my life. I called police and was waiting for them to call back he put my phone on do not disturb. My caregiver picked up my pain meds put in door of car he erased the message telling me they were there and came and stole them so he's been to my home. Ge turns on camera and microphone and spies on me all the time. I replaced modem 3 times roju devices 3 times I've bought a new phone new Sim and changed my number I went to library and changed all passwords but he's taken my pictures and made a face login for all accounts. I own a nonprofit and a lot of these accounts are needed for that so I can't cancel them. How do I stop him I'm scared all the time. Cashapp flat out refuses to refund me stating due to past transaction history wtf does that have to do with phone being cloned. I sent police report they tried to remove him from account and couldn't but still denied the claim he stole 1569 using cashapp he's taken multiple loans out in my name. I've reported to police I can't find any free security to protect my new phone and since he's using my face to sign into accounts I don't know what to do

What do you mean by "phone has been cloned" ?

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,855 Community Manager

Hello @Angel42day

I’m very sorry to hear about the challenging situation you are experiencing. It sounds extremely difficult, and I understand your concern and frustration.

Here are some recommended steps: Contact your financial institutions, including Cash App, to explain the situation and provide them with police documentation to confirm that your phone has been cloned. For accounts where facial recognition has been compromised, reach out to the respective service providers for assistance in securing your accounts and disabling facial recognition.

While F-Secure solutions primarily focus on securing devices and protecting against threats, using comprehensive security software can help safeguard your new phone. Seek support from local organizations that assist victims of cybercrime, and continue to communicate with law enforcement, keeping them informed of any new developments.

To further secure your new devices, use strong, unique passwords and enable multi-factor authentication where possible. If there is anything specific we can assist with or if you need further guidance, please let us know. Your safety and security are our top priorities, and we hope you find resolution and peace soon.

Firmy
    Community Manager | F-Secure Community
    🔐 Strengthening digital security through knowledge and collaboration
    🌐 Explore our User Guides | Knowledge Base for self-help resources
    💻 Empower yourself with Cybersecurity Insights and protect what matters