application list on App Control (Family Rule) is not complete

trimulya
trimulya Posts: 7 Explorer
edited August 11 in Device Protection

I have activated app control on my kid's Android device, but some application installed on this Android is not listed on app control and also there some applications that already uninstall but still listed on pp control.

Is there a workaround to manually force an update to the app list so every installed application is listed on app control?

thank you

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,682 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Some applications are not visible on purpose maybe (I am not sure, but it is likely that some of system apps and such stuff are not available for App Control).

However, since there are 'old' apps in the list - maybe - device is lost connection with My F-Secure portal. As such, if you tried with enabled and active network connection on that kid's device - then try to restart device (turning off / turning on routine). If the list is still with outdated state, maybe relogin to the app is required (switch user to another child profile or temporarily to the main and then back to his original profile).

In my experience - if the App Control list has some kind of broken state, then some other features may also not app (like chosen time limits).

Sorry for any confusion, because I do use outdated F-Secure android application. The design could have changed a lot.

Thanks!

Answers

• trimulya
    trimulya Posts: 7 Explorer
    edited August 16

there is no problem with the screen time feature. only not recognize the newly installed application.
    Restarting the device and reconnecting using Wi-Fi or mobile has already been done, but the issue has not been solved

finally, I tried changing to another profile and logging back in with the original profile, the new application can be detected properly but the uninstalled application/game is still listed in the app control

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,682 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

finally, I tried changing to another profile and logging back in with the original profile, the new application can be detected properly but the uninstalled application/game is still listed in the app control

Does any uninstalled game or application remain in the list (I mean: freshly deleted)? Or are we only talking about the “once” removed application (or game)?

Also, now newly installed applications are added to the list? Not only 'once' fresh application is added to the list?