My laptop is very slow after installing F-Secure Total

thumuatitan
thumuatitan Posts: 4 Explorer
edited August 5 in Device Protection

My laptop is very slow after installing F-Secure Total

Wondering if there's any trick to make it faster.

Accepted Answer

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 294 F-Secure Product Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Reason could be a new browser feature: "TLS 1.3 hybridized Kyber support".

You could try if turning it off from chrome://flags/ helps?

We are investigating this issue.

-Cale

Answers

• Finnkat
    Finnkat Posts: 1 Observer

Same thing for me past 6 months and I've checked routers etc other troubleshooting and everything and everyone keeps saying it's my VPN. And sure enough, when I turn it off Chrome works fine along with other browsers. Lately I have kept it off, but what's the point there? I bought this for a reason and it used to work fine until it didn't….

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @thumuatitan

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

To determine the cause of the slowdown and to help resolve the problem we will need some additional information.

1. What operating system is installed on your device?

2. If it is Windows, does the system have all updates installed?

3. What exact version of Total are you using?

Providing diagnostic data will also be very helpful. In a private message on our forum I will send you instructions on how you can generate a file with diagnostic data.

Our technicians will be able to take a closer look at what is causing the slowdown on your device.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• thumuatitan

I tried reinstalling the operating system (Windows 10) and reinstalling the latest version of F-Secure Total. Laptop is running well. I will install some more software and will report the results here

• thumuatitan

I tried reinstalling the operating system and reinstalling the latest version of F-Secure Total. Laptop is running well. I will install some more software and will report the results here

• thumuatitan

I tried reinstalling the operating system and reinstalling the latest version of F-Secure Total. Laptop is running well. I will install some more software and will report the results here

• KingMorissette
    KingMorissette Posts: 3 New Member

My laptop has become very slow after installing F-Secure Total. Does anyone have any tips to speed it up?