problem with pc startup and F-secure hoster

elio
elio Posts: 3 New Member

I have got F-secure via my Dutch internet provider. I have got Windows 10.
My computer is very slow at startup and I have checked with a startup manager.

I see that there is an application service at startuo which take 45.1 seconds: F-secure hoster

Is that normal ?
Is this F-secure hoster necessaryu at startup of my PC ?
I tried to disable that but this is not possible … FAILED TO SET DATA FOR 'F-SECURE HOSTER'
what can I do ?

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @elio

As Ville mentioned these services take too much time in your environment. The situation needs closer analysis and search for a solution.

Since you acquired the program through a Dutch internet provider, so you will get the fastest help through them.

It would be best if you prepare diagnostic data from the program on your device beforehand and send it to their customer support along with a description of the problem and screenshots.

Their technicians are the most knowledgeable about the version they provide to their customers, so they should be able to help you effectively.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

It should not take longer than a couple of seconds, something is not working correctly in your environment. It's the core functionality of the product and can not be disabled.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• elio

Thanks for your answer Ville, however I am not happy with the situation. I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC and also downloaded and installed the new version of F secure …
    So something is wrong in F secureor its settings and this is not normal ….

Moreover, more or less the same issue happens on my laptop where Windws 11 is installed. There, I get 26 seconds for F-secure hoster, and, i.e. plus, 26.6 seconds for F-secure Ultralight hoster. Thisis definitely not OK 😕

• elio

I mean: AT STARTUP, I get 

26 seconds for F-secure hoster , and, i.e. plus, 26.6 seconds for F-secure Ultralight hoster.

Pricing & Product Info