"You cannot select a profile that is already in use on this device."

JeremyUSA
JeremyUSA Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 1 in Device Protection

F-Secure is asking me to log into my device. I only have one user on my machine yet wen I log in, "My device" is greyed out, there is "My child's device" is the only acceptable option and there is a warning: You cannot select a profile that is already in use on this device.

This error makes no sense. Can anyone help?

Accepted Answer

Answer ✓

F-Secure application asks you to link each local Windows account to an account in My F-Secure. From a single device, you can only use one account from My F-Secure once, so if it's already linked to a local account, you can't select it again for another local account. This is unfortunate restriction due to some of our old codebase which we can hopefully solve at some point.

You don't necessarily have to log in from every Windows account. Device and network protection works without logging in, but in order to use Password Vault, ID Monitoring or Family Rules you need to be logged in to My F-Secure account.

You say you only have one user on the Windows device. Did you maybe install from administrator account which is now linked to your My F-Secure account? In that case the simplest option to transfer the account is to log in to My F-Secure with your browser, find the device and select it and select "Release license". This will release the license and disconnect all linked accounts. After that you can log in from the device with the account to get license back and connect it to correct account.

Hope this helps.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products