F-Secure Fails to Retrieve Latest Updates via "Get Updates" Button

Goodsoul
Goodsoul Posts: 2 Observer

Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? When I try to manually update, it says everything is up to date, but according to the F-Secure database, my version is not the latest. This problem started after I installed the latest patches on my Windows device.

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 131 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Goodsoul ,

Thank you for contacting us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

It seems that the problem may be related to your Windows updates. Ensuring that your Windows operating system is fully up to date is essential for the smooth functioning of F-Secure and its ability to download updates. However, to ensure that your F-Secure installation is fully up to date and working correctly, I recommend reinstalling the program on your device. This process will help eliminate any potential errors. Please use the uninstallation tool that will delete all the errors from the program. The tool can be downloaded from this website:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/support/tools

Locate the downloaded file and double-click it to run the tool. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove F-Secure from your device.

Log in to your My F-Secure portal and release the license for the affected device. Click on Add device, select My device, and choose Download for Windows to get the latest version of F-Secure. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. This will ensure that the program is fully up to date after installation, which should resolve the current issue and prevent similar issues in the future.

If you encounter any issues during this process or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards!