VPN activation immediately canceled...

Suuske
Suuske Posts: 10 Explorer

…because my mails were no longer send from Windows Live Mail.

Suus

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,819 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Suuske

Thank you for the clarification.

To ensure we understand the issue correctly, are you having trouble sending emails using Windows Live Mail? If so, it might be related to Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). For more details, you can refer to this link.

Additionally, is this issue only happening with Windows Live Mail, or does it persist when you log in to your email through a browser?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Answers

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,819 Community Manager

Hello @Suuske

Thank you for your post.

Upon reviewing your account, we see that you have an active subscription to F-Secure Total for 3 devices, with the software currently installed on 2 Windows devices.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We are happy to help.

Thank you, and have a great day.

• Suuske

No, the notification was: VPN activation immediately canceled because my mails were no longer send from Windows Live Mail.

Why does VPN prevent sending mails from Windows Live Mail?

Have a nice day too.

• Suuske

Dear Firmy,

It only happened with Windows Live Mail, which I have always been using. It worked again immediately after I turned off VPN. Just tested again.

I always found WLM useful because my incoming emails were automatically retrieved without me having to open the internet first and log in to my provider. But coincidentally, yesterday I read on the www in an article by the Dutch Consumers' Association that WLM has no longer been supported by Microsoft since 2017 and that it would no longer be safe, so I am now looking for another solution. Maybe VPN will work out there. So for now you can close the item.

It is also not clear to me whether using VPN is simply a matter of switching it on or off. I'm 73 and not very proficient in IT. I had to learn everything related to a PC on my own. I find a lot on the www, but not everything, and the texts are often incomprehensible to a layman.

Thank you very much for your willing help.

Have a nice day,

Suus

This is a Google translation.

Product & Pricing Info