F-Secure from Internet Provider and new version ID Protection not compatibe

JoekH
JoekH Posts: 2 New Member

Hi, I have Internet Security and Virus Scanner package (Powered by F-Secure) from my Internet provider (Ziggo Safe Online), which I pay for. However, I have separate licenses for ID Protection. To install the new version of ID Protection, it requires the Internet Protection to be uninstalled. It says it's incompatible with ID Protection. Once uninstalled, and ID Protection is upgraded, I cannot reinstall the Internet Protection from Internet provider either.

What is the issue here? Why are these two products from F-Secure not compatible?

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 131 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @JoekH ,

thank you for contacting us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

I regret to inform you that we have identified a compatibility issue between our F-Secure App and your existing Safe Online software. The core of the problem lies in the classification of our F-Secure App as an antivirus application, which is unfortunately not compatible with the Safe Online software. This incompatibility can lead to potential conflicts and compromise the security measures on your device.

Regrettably, there is no viable solution to run two antivirus programs simultaneously on the same device. We understand the inconvenience this situation may cause and sincerely apologize for the disruption to your experience.

If you need any assistance or have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards.

Answers

• JoekH
    JoekH Posts: 2 New Member

Hello Carolina, Thanks for your message. This is unfortunate, specifically since I already pay for Safe Online licenses from IP.
    Because of this inconvenience, and having no other option, can I get a discount to upgrade my 5 license F-Secure ID _Protection to F-Secure Total?

Best,

Joek

Pricing & Product Info