The update button doesn't work

flodhingst
flodhingst Posts: 1 Observer

I have the F-Secure version 19-7 (62280), running on macOS Sonoma 14.2. Now F-Secure tells me that my databases are too old, so of course I try to update them.

However, when I choose Look for updates, nothing happens. And when I choose Open F-Secure, I get a critical warning that my database is too old, but once again: When I push the update button, nothing happens.

Here are o couple of screenshots from my F-Secure (in Norwegian, but should be recognizable enough anyway). None of these buttons work for me. So what can I do in order to actually get to update? Anyone?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 132 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @flodhingst ,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on F-Secure Community Portal.

We have reviewed your issue and it appears that the F-Secure program is having trouble downloading and installing updates. To address this, we first recommend a complete reinstallation of the F-Secure program. This will ensure that you have the latest version installed and resolve any update issues you are currently experiencing.

Please follow the detailed steps below:

Check for macOS Updates:

Before proceeding with the uninstallation, ensure that your macOS is up-to-date. To check for updates, click on the Apple menu and select "System Preferences," then click "Software Update." Install any available updates and restart your Mac if necessary.

Uninstall the Current F-Secure Program:

Reinstall the F-Secure Program:

• Once logged in, locate the section for downloading the F-Secure program. This can be found under the Add device → My Device → Download for Mac.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest version of the F-Secure program. The installation process should automatically configure the program with the latest updates.

Verify Installation:

• After installation, open the F-Secure program and verify that it is up-to-date. You can do this by navigating to the settings or about section within the program, where the current version and update status are displayed.

If you encounter any issues during the uninstallation or reinstallation process, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards!