2 users on same Windows 10 desktop, users' own password vaults

MikaelJ2
MikaelJ2 Posts: 4 Observer

Hello!

I have 2 users with F-Secure ID Protection licenses. They have own local Windows accounts and wish to user their own ID Protection password vaults in Windows.

There is another thread related to this but for some reason it doesn't work . F-Secure ID Protection works for the first users but not for the second user.

When the second user starts F-Secure ID Protection, it asks for the email and password. After writing these ID Protection says that there no licenses. I will attach a screeen shot (which is in Finnish, though).

What should I do to get it working for both users? Installing Total or Safe is not possible because we use WithSecure AV product already and they are not compatible on the same workstation.

Best wishes,

Mikael

Accepted Answer

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 131 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @MikaelJ2 ,

I have consulted with my colleague who informed me of a misunderstanding that may have occurred regarding the End of Life (EOL) date of our ID Protection App. I would like to clarify the details for you.

The official End of Life date for the ID Protection App is scheduled for the 22nd of May 2024. Unfortunately, there has been no extension of support until May 2025 as mentioned. Consequently, the app has reached its end of life stage and can no longer be installed separately.

It is accurate that the Freedome VPN standalone service will continue to function until the end of this year. However, please note that this service does not include ID Protection functionality.

At the moment, there is no solution available to use both applications simultaneously.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Best regards.

Answers

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 131 Moderator

Hello @MikaelJ2 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the F-Secure Community Portal.

To clarify, it seems you are looking to activate the standalone ID Protection app on your Windows account without installing the F-Secure app. Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that the standalone ID Protection app has reached its end of life and will no longer function on your PC.

To ensure continued protection, it is crucial to transition to the new F-Secure version, which includes an updated vault feature. The new F-Secure app offers enhanced security and improved functionalities that will provide you with a better user experience and more comprehensive protection.

Additionally, I understand that you have WithSecure installed, which may cause conflicts with the F-Secure app. However, due to the required migration to the new F-Secure app, the ID Protection app can no longer operate as a standalone solution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need assistance with the migration process or have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards.

• MikaelJ2

Hello @CarolinaC,

Thank you for your reply! Yes, you have undestood the situation correctly.

The real problem here seems to be the migration to the new F-Secure app, which we are unable to use, because we use WithSecure. I wish you could solve this problem so that we and all other customers would be able to continue using both applications. Both ID Protection and WithSecure are important applications and we can't just stop using either of them.

I called your telephone support earlier and they told that the ID Protection standalone app should be usable until May 2025. I wish you could provide us a solution before that.

Best wishes,

Mikael

• MikaelJ2

Hello @CarolinaC,

Thank you for this clarification regarding the EOL of the products.

I understand that I'm on my own with the ID protection standalone application now. Luckily ID Protection seems to be still working, though, although new installations can't be made.

I wish there would be a solution to use the F-Secure password vault and WithSecure endpoint protection on the same device.

Best wishes,

Mikael

Pricing & Product Info