NoDuels Posts: 8 Observer

Hello,

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @NoDuels

Thanks for your post and description of the game problem.
    To take a closer look at it, the diagnostic data from our program will be helpful.
    In a private message on the forum I will send you instructions on how to download the diagnostic data.
    Our technicians will investigate the problem.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• NoDuels

Hello,

I have set a vpn bypass for firefox that I use for video contents, like youtube, twitch etc. That works fine, but vpn bypass for some games doesn't work. I get disconnects and a lot of more latency because it doesn't work. And I don't want to shutdown the vpn entirely because I still might do internet browsing and other things while I have a game running. I have set the bypass rules for this game, all exe files on the folder but it doesn't help. I ran a wireshark to confirm the traffic is routed via my normal network adapter to vpn mac address.

What can I do?

Thanks

• NoDuels

I made a mistake with the wireshark, just ignore it, but here's another proof that the bypass rules are not being applied. Pearlabyss logs all logins and I can see the IP's from their website. Ripe shows that they are freedome IP's.

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator

Hello @NoDuels

Thank you for your patience on your part but we needed time to investigate the situation properly.

The matter concerns Black Desert Online. We did a brief investigation into Black Desert Online and found out that it is a regionally locked game. For example, you have to buy the game in the EU to play it, while in Japan the game is free, but includes in-game purchases.

You can find a lot of discussions about BDO and VPNs, and the latest discussions seem to say that the developers of the game may have made some changes to their anti-cheat technology, making it difficult to play with a VPN.

We offer no solution to this. A VPN works with "normal" applications as intended. In the case of BDO, as of today, the only effective solution is to disable the VPN.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Product & Pricing Info