ID-Protection to F-Secure Total on Windows 10 will remove WithSecure Elements Agent

gsonline
gsonline Posts: 1 New Member

On my company notebook (Windows 10), I use the WithSecure Elements Agent and ID Protection from F-Secure together. Now I am asked to update the current installed F-Secure ID Protection software ( end of life). With the new instsaller software I'm getting the message that I need to uninstall the WithSecure Elements Agent before proceeding!

Since the WithSecure Element software is a must on the company notebook, I cannot and must not uninstall this software!

What option do I have to use a current version of F-Secure ID Protection parallel with WithSecure Elements?
My new ABO is a F-Secure Total license for 7 devices and still valid for more than 450 days.

Thank for your support
Kind regards
Gerd

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 355 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @gsonline

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your comment.

Unfortunately, on devices where a product from WithSecure (in your case Elements Agent) is installed, it is not possible to install a new program from F-Secure without uninstalling WithSecure.

We are very sorry for the situation and the inconvenience this has caused.

At the same time, I would like to mention that this type of conflict does not occur on iOS and Android devices.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Pricing & Product Info