F-Secure total with VPN and Safe Browsing active stops access to ID-Monitoring in F-Secure Total

Bukefalos
Bukefalos Posts: 4 New Member

I have F-Secure Total installed on my laptop PC, with everything active, including VPN, safe browsing etc etc.

I can not access "ID Monitoring", it does not connect, but when turning of the VPN I can. I could not access this page for F-Secure help either, until I turned of the VPN.

What is going on? Is F-Secure ID-Monitoring and Help unsafe web-sites or unsecure IP-adresses?

Tagged:

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 310 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @Bukefalos

We welcome you to our forum and thank you for your post.

Due to the fact that there have been unplanned technical interruptions to our ID Monitoring service recently, we recommend that you reboot your computer.

After the reboot, please check if the problem still exists and let us know.
    Thank you.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• ClaudeD
    ClaudeD Posts: 29 Contributor

Hello,

F-Secure VPN has been having problems for over a month with Chrome-based browsers (e.g. Edge, Google Chrome, Brave) and sometimes also with Firefox.

Take a look here to have a solution https://community.f-secure.com/common-home-en/kb/articles/29672-timeouts-in-loading-web-pages-when-using-f-secure-vpn-products

• Bukefalos

Rebooted, started the F-Secure app, checked that VPN was active (it was), went to ID Monitoring, loong wait, after wich it said "Could not connect, most likely because your network connection is not working. Checke your internet connection and try again". Internet works fine btw, checking some usual homepages in Google Chrome browser which has the F-Secure plug-in installed (svd.se, dn.se, google.se etc etc). Worked fine. Then I go back to the F-Secure Total app screen, enter the VPN menu, turn off the VPN, go back to ID-Monitoring, and it works just fine. Rinse-repeat the above, it is recreatable every time consistantly.

However, now after the reboot I can actually access the URL for this thread with the VPN active, that was not possible before, so I guess it was a step in the right direction to reboot? ;-)

• Bukefalos

Rebooted, started the F-Secure app, checked that VPN was active (it was), went to ID Monitoring, loong wait, after wich it said "Could not connect, most likely because your network connection is not working. Checke your internet connection and try again". Internet works fine btw, checking some usual homepages in Google Chrome browser which has the F-Secure plug-in installed (svd.se, dn.se, google.se etc etc). Worked fine. Then I go back to the F-Secure Total app screen, enter the VPN menu, turn off the VPN, go back to ID-Monitoring, and it works just fine. Rinse-repeat the above, it is recreatable every time consistantly.

However, now after the reboot I can actually access the URL for this thread with the VPN active, that was not possible before, so I guess it was a step in the right direction to reboot? ;-)

• Bukefalos

Nope, this is accessing through the F-Secure app, i.e. the "setiings" menu ir whatever you call it?Not through a browser.

Browsing internet worked fine, except access to this very URL for these conversations, that was blocked when VPN was active. However, that specific part of the VPN problem solved itself once I rebooted the computer, now I can access this forum URLs WITH the VPN active, through the Google Chrome web-browser (which has the F-Secure plugin installed).