F-Secure VPN does not work at all - MacOS

Kugulu
Kugulu Posts: 1 Observer
edited May 23 in F-Secure VPN

F-Secure version 19.6 (6.19.23) and MacOS Sonoma 14.5

Since I switched a week ago from Freedome VPN, f-secure does not correctly manage VPN. It worked at first. Now, it usually says "loading" for VPN. I have re-started, re-installed. I will not change security settings on my M2 studio.

as of today, every time I log in, it says updating. then it consumes one more license, and goes back to login. I release the licenses (same computer) and re-installed.

Now it never goes back to even loading, or seeing the VPN or allowing to change settings.

Unfortuately, this app is a complete mess compared to freedome VPN - which used to work instantly and all the time. I will need to change to a working VPN, this is too volatile.

I assume there is no reasonable fix (reading the other posts, you ask for endless logs, etc. at every new version release … maybe the issue is not with the community ?)

(unrelated, the same license seems to work fine on iOS/iPad OS ?)

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,819 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hello @Kugulu @seeja @clarkent

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your post and comments.

We regret to hear about your experience with the new F-Secure app. We want to assure you that our migration to the new app is aimed at providing better security and services to our users, ensuring their protection in the digital world. We understand that this transition can cause inconvenience, and we deeply regret any trouble it has caused our loyal customers.

Our goal is to simplify the installation process with a single app, and that’s why we are introducing the new app. We are continuously improving and developing our services and products to enhance the customer experience.

Regarding the issue with the VPN interface, we have introduced a new version, 19.7. Could you please ensure that you have installed and updated the app to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists?

We would like to know if the problem still exists, and we are happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Answers

• seeja
    seeja Posts: 2 Observer

I've had the same problems (linked). Amazing that nobody has responded to you, either. They should have made sure that the new thing worked before kicking us off the one that did.

I've switched to Proton for a comparable price. No problems so far.

• clarkent
    clarkent Posts: 3 Observer

I can confirm all the problems and frustrations of the above comments on F-Secure VPN and totally agree with seejaMay 28, 202. Freedome VPN was working easily and without problems.. The Company now has forced on the users a totally inkompetent and malfunctioning V PN. It slows down everything on the laptop on 4 devices . I use MacOS Sonoma 14.5 and it it works 100% OK without the F-Secure VPN. Its' Annoying to be forced to pause the VPN to open most websites,of couse not acceptable when it comes to bank apps and other paying sites. No sign on the desk board icon whether the VPN is on or off.I've been using Freedome for years on multiple devices. Recently I was forced to "upgrade" to F-Secure.It's been rubbish. This VPN works OK on iOS/iOSiPad but is rubbish on MacOS. This I'm sure will go viral on social media with recommendations to change to another VPN and this will very likely affect the choice of other products from F-Secure. A serious Company can't replace a fully functioning VPN and at short notice with this crap. Tests should have been done before issuing.

• clarkent
    clarkent Posts: 3 Observer

Choose another VPN for MacOS (Sonoma) !

I can confirm all the problems and frustrations of the above comments on F-Secure VPN and totally agree with seejaMay 28, 202.

Freedome VPN was working easily and without problems.. The Company now has forced on the users a totally inkompetent and malfunctioning V PN. It slows down everything on the laptop on 4 devices . I use MacOS Sonoma 14.5 and it it works 100% OK without the F-Secure VPN. Its' Annoying to be forced to pause the VPN to open most websites,of couse not acceptable when it comes to bank apps and other paying sites. No sign on the desk board icon whether the VPN is on or off.I've been using Freedome for years on multiple devices. Recently I was forced to "upgrade" to F-Secure.It's been rubbish.

This VPN works OK on iOS/iOSiPad but is rubbish on MacOS. This I'm sure will go viral on social media with recommendations to change to another VPN and this will very likely affect the choice of other products from F-Secure. A serious Company can't replace a fully functioning VPN and at short notice with this crap. Tests should have been done before issuing…..

Product & Pricing Info