I get a "something went wrong" if i try to install F-Secure Total. Installation not possible?

Options
gamblecuster
gamblecuster Posts: 5 Explorer

My system is a PC Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (19045.4412) , i7 10700, TPM 2 is activated. All service updates are installed. I used to use F-Secure and also F-Secure ID - Protect for my passwords, but I had a different Windows user account. The old user account had a defect during the shutdown (power failure), it could not be restored and I had to create a new user account. In this new Windows user account (with admin rights) I have used the uninstall tool several times, restarted etc. The installation routine runs up to 99% and after a waiting period I get the message.

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 286 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @gamblecuster

After analyzing the diagnostic data, it turned out that the cause of issue with the completion of installation is a problem with Network Service in Windows.
    The most reasonable solution to this is to reinstall Windows.
    I will post more details in a private message.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Best regards

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 286 Moderator
    Options

Hello @gamblecuster

Thank you for your post.

If you have done all the Windows updates and used the uninstall tool from our website, it will be prudent to collect diagnostic data at this point. This will allow you to determine what is preventing our program from installing on your device.

Below you will find instructions on how to collect diagnostic data in the situation when you cannot install our product.

After collecting diagnostic data, please send it to me in a private message on our forum. Do not publish them in a public post.

Our technicians will take care of investigating them.

To collect an fsdiag with full debug logging using the standalone fsloglevel tool (Windows only)

1. Download the log level tool from https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/CCF-logging-tool/fsloglevel.exe  run the fsloglevel.exe, select Full logging, click OK and restart the computer.
    2. Once restarted, reproduce the steps that caused the issue and take note of date and time.
    3. Download the standalone support tool (fsdiag) from our webpage,run the fsdiag_standalone.exe and wait until the collection process is over.
    4. Run again the fsloglevel.exe and select Normal logging.

We will wait for your message.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

• gamblecuster
    Options

Thank you for your kind support! I will carry out your instructions shortly and get back to you. Thank you very much!

• gamblecuster
    Options

Dear Pawel,

i followed ur instructions and got a fsdiag.zip on my desktop. You wrote that i can send you this file via private message but (sorry for that) i can not find a link to your private mailbox here. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Best Regards and thank you for your support!

Robert (gamblecuster)

• gamblecuster
    Options

Hello Pawel !

Thank you very mutch for the information and for your help!

That's not quite the answer I was hoping for, but it is what it is. I will read your message carefully and then think about what to do.

Best regards

Robert (gamblecuster)