Is Autofill code gets 'invalid' still unsolved

Options
martink
martink Posts: 435 Influencer

I am still getting Invalid when I paste the code to Chrome and Firefox extension.

What exactly is the problem?
If the extension knows that the code is invalid it must also know where it should be posted.
Cannot the correct code be made available through support?

Accepted Answer

• PawełP
    PawełP Posts: 286 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @martink

Thank you for your next post.

In the case of the problem you are experiencing, please check first of all that you have the latest versions of your web browsers.

Then uninstall and reinstall the extension from F-Secure for the respective browsers.

If the problem still remains, then follow the steps below.

If the Firefox is up to date, you can try reinstalling the Password Manager by F-Secure extension:

1. Open Firefox 
    2. Click on the Menu in the upper right corner
    3. Scroll down to Add-ons and Themes 
    4. Click on the three dots next to the Password Manager by F-Secure 
    5. Select Remove
    6. Open F-Secure ID Protection 
    7. Go to Settings 
    8. Select Autofill and click on install Add-on for Firefox to add the extension again

If the steps above don't help, check if you have the Sync and save data function enabled in Firefox. If yes, follow the steps to disable the function for add-ons:

1. Open Firefox and log in to your Firefox account
    2. Go to Settings and select Sync from the menu of the left-hand side 
    3. Click on Change and untick the box Add-ons in the Choose What To Sync window 

In case that the steps above don't solve the issue, proceed clear all the browser history and cookies. If clearing the browser history and cookies didn't help, you can attempt to refresh the Firefox browser as described here.

Note: Refreshing Firefox browser will remove your extension data and preferences. You may need to add the extensions back after refreshing.

Let me know how the situation is.

Best regards.

Pawel

Making every digital moment secure, for everyone

Answers

• martink
    Options
  • martink
    Options

Hello again

Some more details.

I use portable versions of Firefox and Chrome and normal Brave.in F-S TP

This is how Password vault sees them

The Chrome extension is asumably from Brave.

I do not get the invalid error from portable Firefox and that works. Fine

On another PC I have total and Firefox portable. Both are updated to the latest version.

on that PC I get the invalid code message.

Neither of these PC's is synced for any of the browsers. I do clean the browser cookies, history and cache every now and then.

Brave and portable Chrome are not supported.

However, I do not understand it. to me it appears that it is the extension which does the validation of the code and if the window for it opens why does it matter how the software is installed. Either the extension does recognize the correct code or it doesnot and then it is a bug.

Secondly the software F-S TP or Safe produces the code and that might have bearing which version it is, but once everything is updated it should be the correct code. If not it is a bug again.

Then it would simple to give the correct code. Can you please do that?